Arizona Medical Marijuana Program
The Arizona Department of Health Services will accept Dispensary Registration Certificate applications in late 2015. There will be more information forthcoming regarding which, and the number of, CHAAs that will be available.
- Random Selection Agenda
- Random Selection Eligible Application Report
- Random Selection Protocol (revised August 3, 2012)
- Random Selection Protocol Selection Video
- Dispensary Certificate Allocation Results
- Henry & Horne CPAs Report on Applying Agreed-Upon Drawing Procedures
Please note starting April 18th, 2014, New fingerprinting procedures and forms will be Required. This will include the Dispensary Member/Agent Attestation Form, Fingerprint Verification Form and specific procedures found in the Fingerprint Instructions.
- Medical Marijuana System Outage Report (2/19/14 - 8/4/14)
- Dispensary Agent/Member Attestation
- Fingerprint Verification Form
- Documentation of Property Owner Approval For Use
- Documentation of Compliance with Local Jurisdiction Zoning
- Map of Areas within 25 miles of an Operating Medical Marijuana Dispensary
- Registration Certificate Allocation Flowchart
- Map Your Dispensary Location
- Registration Certificate Application Report
- Registration Certificate Application Distribution (CHAA Map)
Using Medical Marijuana Safely
ADHS contracts with the Center for Toxicology and Pharmacology Education and Research (CTPER) which includes the Arizona Poison and Drug Information Center at the University of Arizona College of Pharmacy in Tucson and the Banner Good Samaritan Poison and Drug Information Center in Phoenix to provide information to patients and dispensaries. Please visit their website at for some important information about how to use medical marijuana safely.
The Poison and Drug Information Center also provides a 24-hour, 365 day hotline to take your calls regarding medical marijuana concerns such as uses of medical marijuana, side effects, time and effects, and mixing marijuana with other drugs. 1-800-222-1222
Registration Certificate Application
To learn more about how to submit a registration certificate application, see the links below:
- Registration Certificate Application Checklist
- Registration Certificate Application Instructions
- Registration Certificate Application
- Supplemental Principal Officer and Board Member Information Form
Approval to Operate Application
At least 60 days before the expiration date of a dispensary registration certificate, an entity holding a registration certificate shall apply for and obtain an approval to operate a dispensary from the Department before operating. Keep in mind that an application for approval to operate a dispensary is not complete until the Department receives written notice that the dispensary is ready for an inspection. To learn more about how to submit an application for approval to operate a dispensary, see the links below:
- Approval to Operate Application Checklist
- Approval to Operate Application Instructions
- Approval to Operate Application
- Supplemental Dispensary Agent Information Form
- Dispensary/Cultivation Location Change Application
- Notice of Modification of Approved Dispensary Facility
Registration Certificate Renewal Application
At least 30 calendar days before the expiration date of the dispensary's current dispensary registration certificate, a dispensary that has an approval to operate as a dispensary issued by the Department shall submit to the Department an application to renew the dispensary registration certificate. To learn more about how to submit an application to renew a dispensary registration certificate, see the links below:
- Dispensary Registration Certificate Renewal Application Instructions
- Dispensary Registration Certificate Renewal Application
Infusion Kitchens Application
To learn more about how to submit an infusion kitchen application, see the links below:
Dispensary Inspection Resources
- Dispensary Inspection Report
- Dispensary Inspection Checklist
- Medical Marijuana Delivery Guidance Document
Complaints may be filed about an operating nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary by anyone with knowledge or concerns about a suspected violation of the Arizona Medical Marijuana Act or Rules governing the operations of a licensed dispensary. To file a complaint, go to the link below, complete the complaint form and submit. The information will be sent to the Arizona Medical Marijuana Program. Please note that as per A.A.C. R9-17-309(C), complaints may not be filed anonymously.
Information about Medical Marijuana Lawsuits
Lawsuits have been filed concerning the implementation of the Arizona Medical Marijuana Act. You can access information about them on our Lawsuits page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out the FAQs to find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions by dispensaries.
Note: Files are in PDF format unless otherwise stated.