ADHS will be performing maintenance on the Medical Marijuana systems starting on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10 PM expected to be completed by Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 4 AM. During this time, Medical Marijuana Online Registry Applications will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience this maintenance downtime may cause. If the process is completed earlier, the systems will be made available at an earlier time.
Arizona Women, Infants & Children (WIC)
Clients & Families - Breastfeeding Support
WIC recognizes breastfeeding as the ideal nutrition for infants - the best practice is to breastfeed your baby for at least one year. The benefits of breastfeeding for your child include:
- Developing a unique mother-child bond
- Protecting your baby from illness
- Providing the perfect food for your baby
For moms who breastfeed, WIC provides extra nutritious foods. Plus, if you return to work or school, breast pumps may be available. Please ask your WIC staff if you have any questions about breastfeeding or call the 24-hour Breastfeeding Hotline at 1-800-833-4642.
- Bureau of Nutrition and Physical Activity Breastfeeding Program
- Keep It Simple
- Health Risk Messages
- AZWIC Breastfeeding Poster
- Breastfeeding and Obesity Prevention
- The Benefits of Breastfeeding
- Arizona WIC Breastfeeding Plan and Timeline
Note: Files are in PDF format unless otherwise stated.